Funded Hours

Government funding for two and three year old children can be used at Cherubs Nurseries. Your child is entitled to the funding the term after their third birthday. Their birthday must fall before the cut-off date in order to receive the funding the following term. These dates are:

  • 31st August for the September – December term
  • 31st December for the January – April term
  • 31st March for the May – August term

We also offer places for those children eligible for two year old funding. There are certain criteria that apply in order to receive this funding. Please see below.

What am I entitled to?

At present, all children who are two, three and four are entitled to a total of 15 hours per week during term-time or the equivalent ‘stretched’ across the year. Some two year olds will be entitled to 15 hours per week term-time only or the equivalent ‘stretched’ across the year.

How do I claim it?

For three and four year olds, we claim this on your behalf. You will be required to complete a form with your child’s personal details and we will need to see a copy ofyour child’s birth certificate. You will also be required to complete a termly headcount form as proof that your child is attending the setting. For two year olds, we need authorisation from the local authority that you fulfil the criteria and you will be required to complete the headcount forms.

Meal charges

Fully funded sessions may incur a small meal charge. These charges are only applicable for two, three and four year old funding. If your child is in receipt of two year old funding, these charges will only apply from the term after your child turns three.

Two year old funding eligibility

The following two years olds may be eligible:

Parents who are in receipt of one of the following:

  • Income Support
  • Income based Job Seekers Allowance
  • Income related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Support under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
  • Tax credit and have an annual income of less than £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) or if the 2 year old:
  • Has a statutory statement of Special Educational Needs or an Education, Health and Care Plan. (Parents cannot self- refer for funding based on this criteria)
  • Has left local authority care through a Special Guardianship Order, adoption or residence Order
  • Is currently a Looked After Child, e.g. in foster care
  • Is in receipt of Disability Living Allowance

Parents and carers need to complete a funding form online. Once awarded the funding continues even if your circumstances change or if you choose to move your child to another provider. Your local Children’s Centre can help you with your decisions.