Government funding for two, three and four year old children can be used at Cherubs Nurseries. Your child is entitled to the funding the term after their third birthday. Their birthday must fall before the cut-off date in order to receive the funding the following term. These dates are:
- 31st August for the September – December term
- 31st December for the January – April term
- 31st March for the May – August term
We also offer places for those children eligible for two year old funding. There are certain criteria that apply in order to receive this funding. Please see below.
What am I entitled to?
At present, all children who are three and four are entitled to a total of 15 hours per week ‘stretched’ across the year. Some two year olds will be entitled to 15 hours per week, however an application with your local authority will need to be made to check eligibility. Find out more about 15 hours funding here.
Some parents may also be entitled to a total of 30 hours per week ‘stretched’ across the year. Your eligibility for this depends on: if you are working, how much you earn, your child’s circumstances and your nationality. You can apply for 30 hours funding here.
How do I claim it?
For three and four year olds claiming 15 hours, we claim this on your behalf. You will be required to complete a form with your child’s personal details and we will need to see a copy of your child’s birth certificate. You will also be required to complete a termly headcount form as proof that your child is attending the setting. For two year olds, we need authorisation from the local authority that you fulfil the criteria and you will be required to complete the headcount forms too.
If you are claiming 30 hours you must provide us with your eligibility code before you can start claiming for any childcare. You must have a valid code by the end of the month before a new term starts. You will have to reconfirm your eligibility every three months – you can do this through your online account and this will keep your code valid. If you do not have a valid code and provide this to us, all childcare taken during the period will be charged at our normal rate.
All fully funded sessions incur a small charge. These are payable to cover things like consumables and partly, as a holding fee. Even if your child does not attend for a session, this charge is still payable. Further information can be f0und on our fee structure.
Two year old funding eligibility
The following two years olds may be eligible:
Parents who are in receipt of one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Tax credit and have an annual income of less than £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) or if the 2 year old:
- Has a statutory statement of Special Educational Needs or an Education, Health and Care Plan. (Parents cannot self- refer for funding based on this criteria)
- Has left local authority care through a Special Guardianship Order, adoption or residence Order
- Is currently a Looked After Child, e.g. in foster care
- Is in receipt of Disability Living Allowance
Parents and carers need to complete a funding form online. Once awarded, the funding continues even if your circumstances change or if you choose to move your child to another provider. Your local Children’s Centre can help you with your decisions.